OOJ 1779 SAP Basis Administrator
The BASIS administrator will be responsible for daily operational support of a newly implemented SAP environment and interfaces. Responsible of the lifecycle management of the systems, planning & executing installations, patches, upgrades. Work closely with systems analysts and other team members to understand business IT requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions that are in compliance with blueprints and business strategies. Work with the development and functional teams to promote changes through the environment.
1. Establishes the infrastructure standards and requirements.
2. Evaluates, directs and supports SAP system enhancements and performs quality assurance functions.
3. Ensures effective security, operation and performance of SAP environments.
4. Maintain/update SAP environment including systems and databases.
5. Administration of SAP integration, interfaces and support tools.
6. Organizes and maintains job-scheduling.
7. Maintains SAP workloads, batch processes and background activities.
8. Performs and controls manual and automatic system checks.
9. Researches and provides directions for applying SAP software corrections and new applications.
10. Develops Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation to perform production support activities.
11. Performs system refreshes for QA, development and training systems.
12. Participates in developing maintenance, testing and contingency plans for software, hardware and assets affecting SAP.
13. Provides proactive support, through effective capacity planning and change management.
14. Provides reactive support for customers of the service and to introduce measures to reduce reactive work.
1. 3+ years direct experience administrating SAP applications (i.e. Basis, Portal, BW, NetWeaver).
2. 1+ years experience in SAP NetWeaver.
3. General application system management knowledge and experience on both ABAP and J2EE stack in SAP systems.
4. Strong experience with SAP R/3 in UNIX (preferably AIX) and Oracle environment.
5. Required to have completed one implementation and one support project.
6. Experience in the daily administration, monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning or a complex SAP environment.
7. Experience with SAP security administration.
8. Technically fluent in Unix and Oracle database administration.
9. Experience in formulating recommendations and options based upon analysis, data and input from users, business unit management and other technical staff.
10. Ability to solve work related issues appropriately and in a timely fashion.
11. Will need to carry pager/mobile phone and work after office hours, if needed.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering)
Master’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering)
What You Can Expect
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; Preferably U.S Citizens and GC Holders.
What’s In It for you?
Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential, Group Health Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance. Paid Vacation